8.27.2009

In the Long Haul

Stuff I found

I'm up late because I'm supposed to be working on a piece for this weekly newspaper on the East coast. So, instead of working, I've decided to write a post here. How's that for productivity? I've got standards, I tell ya.

It's been a little quiet around here on The Ward-O-Matic only because it's been a hectic summer. After a three-week hiatus, visiting Florida, Atlanta, and Illinois, the Jenkins clan hasn't stopped once since we've been back in the great NW. And school's going to start soon, making it even busier for us around here. In the meantime, I've been working full-time at Fashionbuddha, in downtown Portland, working on a project that needs a great deal of hand-drawn assets done by me. It's an interesting project, but one that has a crazy turnaround time. When have I ever worked on something that didn't have a lighting-fast deadline? It's the nature of the business, I'm afraid.

So, while I've been working throughout the day, Andrea's been getting ready for Squam, teaching a couple of classes on Through The Viewfinder, or TtV, for short. Each day has been filled with ordering things, organizing, getting prepared, etc. Not to mention, the kids need to get fed. Okay, so when do we get another vacation. Like, now?

While in Illinois earlier this month, Andrea and I got to visit a good number of thrift stores and antique shops with her mother, Ava & Ezra in tow. Above, you can see my haul from the trip. I actually found a way to pack all of that in my various luggage pieces for the trip back home. I'm still reeling from that travel day, by the way. It was NOT the best trip I've taken on a plane at ALL. Maybe that's a story for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Ya know, Ward, those of us who collect old cookbooks in PDX really SHOULD get together for a mid-century potluck sometime ;)

    Mmmmm... canned beans...

    I only just noticed you found the Egg and Cheese book. The illos are VERY cute in that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! I found you by way of doing some research on the LGB of Disney's 'Once Upon A Wintertime'.

    ReplyDelete